Thursday, June 3, 2010

Cancelled Big Week

We got a call from the radiology & anesthesia nurses last Friday to check-in for Noah's pending MRI, and because he was sick (including the rest of the family), they decided it was too risky with his airway to undergo anesthesia for the MRI. Ugh! So many plans to travel, get off work, hotel, etc. and it's a no-go!

Frankly though I was a little bit relieved.

Considering he just had his T&A only 6 weeks ago, and the trauma that is caused to the tongue from intubation for anesthesia, I thought it was a little soon to put his already swollen tongue under more abuse. But we were really looking forward to those MRI results! All in God's perfect timing. Noah ended up getting even more sick over the weekend, so we were glad it was cancelled.

Still waiting to hear from the Vascular Anomolies Clinic to find out when Perkins will be able to squeeze us in again. Getting the MRI is easy, we can schedule it pretty much anytime, but getting in to his ENT is a different story. If Noah wasn't so special (ha) we wouldn't get in to see him until late September. Which is just not acceptable considering if surgery is in the near forecast, we will have to have an operating date of sooner than that. Which isn't easy with the crazy month ahead of us! (Kyle and I 5-yr anniversary, what what!, trip to San Diego, my Race for the Cure in Seattle) So, we're hoping to get in sometime in early July. Super exciting month!