My mom went with Ella and I for my first appointment with the perinatologist up here in Seattle at UW. The good news is I'm much more comfortable delivering here with this doctor versus the one at UCSD-- she has dealt with a handful of cervical teratomas in her life and said they are very comfortable with the EXIT procedure (the specialized c-section the doctors will be performing). The doc at UCSD couldn't even tell me what it stood for, much less familiar with the operation!
The bad news is that Noah's mass has grown, from 3.5cm x 4 cm to 4 x 6. But, it's growing proportionately along with him, which is what they expect. I guess I was just expecting God to ALREADY work a miracle, stop the growth or make it disappear... but that's not to say He still won't. The miracle can happen at any time, even on the day he's born, so although I was initally discouraged I know I won't doubt my God and what He's capable of doing.
He is still swallowing fluid! His stomach had fluid in it and his bladder was about to explode, lol! But, they noticed that a lot of the time his tongue was thrust forward a bit, which would be from the tumor putting pressure on his throat. Dr. Hitti was concerned about the structure and what it could potentially do once he's born, but assured us that at this point, we will want to get Noah to 36-37 weeks before they schedule the EXIT procedure. As long as he's inside, he is perfectly fine. Although his neck is hyperextended because of the mass, Noah feels no pain, and he's moving around a lot.
Dr. Hitti told us that she delivered a baby with Noah's same condition 9 months ago, and before the delivery they were extremely concerned about the outcome. But this baby came out screaming at the top of its lungs, telling everyone his airway was open and they didn't even have to insert an oxygen tube! It is my prayer that this will be Noah's story. I can't wait to hear him yell at those doctors!
It was a sad day, not that I didn't learn a lot that I didn't already know, but it's just the reality of it all I guess. I have to go back to UW in 3-4 weeks for an MRI on the mass so that the surgeons who will be removing it will know what they're dealing with. More good news is I will only have to go to Seattle 2 more times before the birth, and I will intermittently be seeing an OB in Wenatchee for the routine OB appointments. So that takes some stress off, especially with winter on its way!
I still believe God has special plans for this baby. I look at Ella, and I am just in awe of the true miracle that life is. In today's society, it just seems like people think life is disposable, creating and ending it as they please. It makes my heart so sad. God has a purpose for ALL life, and I am impatiently waiting to find out what Noah's is!! :)
P.S. Kyle and I made an offer on our dream house yesterday and will find out today if we got it!
Wednesday, October 15, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 comments:
I am so glad you are keeping us all updated frequently. You have been so faithful and so brave, and I am so proud of you. God does have big plans for Noah! He has already done so much through Noah!
Can't wait to hear about the house.
Love you guys,
Beckie
Andie,
I am so glad to hear good reports of baby Noah. I will pray for you both everyday and can't wait to meet you and your beautiful family. I know what it is like to have a baby in the NICU and could not imagine what that experience would have been like without the peace and joy of the Lord. God is goint to take good care of you.
I am so glad you put up the blog, Jeff, Kayla and I have been thinking of you!! You are such a great mom and Noah is going to be so happy to meet his family!! We will be thinking and praying for you and would love to help anyway that we can!!
Love,
Jeff, Melissa and Kayla (Ellas BFF)
Hey you!
I am so thankful that you are there with your family, safe and sound. I'm glad that your mom was able to go with you to your doctor's appointment, too ;-)
I, too, am praying that God will work out a beautiful and wonderful miracle in regards to our little Noah's tumor. I know no matter what happens, though, that he does indeed have a wonderful plan for your little boy, Andie, and it has already begun. He is already using Noah in ways we maybe don't even know about. I hope that knowing that and trusting in it brings you some measure of comfort!!!
I miss you!!! I hope we will be in touch soon.
Bre
P.S. What was the outcome with the offer that you made on the house??? ... We move in to ours this week!!!
Post a Comment