Flowers for Noah that we, of course, told Ella were for her... (Thanks Andrea & Shawn!)
Our biggest prayer request now is that Noah is able to progress on his "binky training" (ugh, I hate the word binky, shoot, I hate pacifiers all together... as my dad calls it, I'm an anti-binkite!) Anyway, for those of you who I haven't already explained this to, the purpose of the binky training is to get him gradually eating more and more orally. Because the pockets to pool milk in the back of his throat are compressed by the hygroma, it's lots of work for him to eat! But, he's up to 15 mL of milk orally at every feeding, which is awesome! Once he gets up to 20mL, the Occupational therapists say he is probably ready to try a bottle, praise the LORD!
Here's a pic of the binky trainer (a pacifier with a hole in it connected to a syringe, so I can control how fast he drinks based upon what his breathing sounds like) and everything else that goes in to his feeding time, including part breast milk, part formula: CRAZY HUH!We found out that babies aren't fed via the NG tube for more than 3-4 months, because they continue to pull it out of their nose. If they aren't able to eat orally at that time, they have to put a hole in his belly and feed him that way. So, while we don't want to PUSH the binky training & feeding orally because we don't want to create a food aversion in the long run, we really want to challenge him to get off the feeder! It is my biggest prayer that we will be able to be off the feeder and eating 100% orally in the next month.
And after that, hopefully eventually breastfeeding. I'm continuing to pump, which totally sucks (no pun intended!) and takes a TON of time, but I know it's worth it!
Noah saying his prayers, and yes, that's Ella's pink blanket (don't tell her!)
Our sweet boy... looks like a mix between Kyle & Derek, huh!? It would be great if my kids looked like me... :) Oh, and did I mention that Dr. Perkins said he doesn't expect Noah's mass to grow anymore!? :)



4 comments:
So glad for the news Andie. You have been continually in our prayers....and judging from your comments, the Lord is still answering our prayers....praise God!!
It was so good to read this post! Your pictures are so sweet, and really help me to visualize what it's like for you. I love the one of Ella & her little bro. together :-) ... and the pumping one speaks for itself (SOOO funny!!!).
I know that the whole "feeding process" has got to be such a drag, not to mention a huge point of worry for you. We will keep praying ... let me know, please, if there's anything beyond prayer that we can do to help, too. Things you may need that we could send, anything?
I love you so much!!! Miss you like crazy :-(
Bre
He is so cute Andie! I think he has a little bit of your looks too. I hope that you are doing okay and I would really love to talk to you sometime.
I love you Andie...all the pictures are wonderful to see. I come on here often and I wish you were down the street from me so I could come see you and give you all a big hug! Noah brings tears to Sean and I everytime to we read about this progress...he seems to be having better and better days!
XOXOXOXOXO
Post a Comment