
Happy Easter!
I hope everyone had a great weekend as we celebrated Christ's resurrection! Love this post about Easter from Angie's blog. She has such a gift with words and just loves God so much. And her love for Him is so uninhibited. Please continue to pray for their family as they continue to struggle with the loss of their baby girl, as well as baby Stellan and their family as they are approaching some confusion and decisions to make surrounding Stellan's heart.
We don't do the Easter bunny at our house, but Ella still dyed eggs (she ate one of the dye tablets, but poison control assured us it was fine!), did an egg hunt and got a cute basket from Poppy and Tracy with shoes, jewelry, and only a few jelly beans! I tried to keep these activities completely separate from the true meaning of this day, but still wanted her to have fun with these American-traditions-that-have-nothing-to-do-with-why-we-really-celebrate-this-day.
Ella is having a tough time again with lack of attention, so it was a nice weekend for her to be able to play in the rain and climb all over her uncle Ben. Uncle Ben teaches Ella the most important things in life, like you can't have books read to you if you pick your nose. :)
At our April 1st appointments it was decided that Noah should have a swallow study done to assess what's going on in there when he's eating; but mainly to make sure he's protecting his airway when he is swallowing and not aspirating. So we had that done yesterday at Children's. It was cool: they make up a bottle with barium (which shows on the x-ray), and then the x-ray itself is like a video. You get to see everything go down. I was nervous about the barium and the x-ray of course, but it is for such a short amount of time and in Noah's case, critical in deciding our next steps.
The good news is that his airway is safe, but we found out that the main problem with his eating is happening in his mouth. The swelling under his tongue seems to be hindering the process. He starts strong, goes for a while, and then we have no idea why he stops.
So...
We will be consulting with a GI (gastro) doc about placing the G-tube in the next month. It seems like it will be a while before Noah will be able to eat completely orally. More on the g-tube later.
Lord, come close.
I am having a tough time trusting God that he will heal Noah. Especially under his tongue. Not only is this causing problems drinking milk, but will potentially cause more problems eating solids and speaking. I could care less about all the love he's got on his neck! Sure they're hard to look at for other people, but not only can they be surgically removed if necessary (eventhough they're continuing to go down!), they aren't causing any problems!
Kyle's faith in this area has been unwaivering. I don't know why I am having a harder time trusting that God's workin' on it, and only in His timing will Noah be healed. I want it gone NOW!
Father, heal my son. Assure me these are not your plans for this sweet child of yours. Bring me peace, help me to trust You. And comfort Noah, God! May he feel no pain, stress, or fear. I know I've come to you with a long list of petitions over the past 9 months or so Lord. I feel like I'm always asking you for something, rather than just resting in You. Forgive me Lord, and help me learn to just trust, be still, and know that you are the One soveriegn God!



1 comment:
Dear Andie....my heart aches for you....these dear babies are so precious, and Mother's love is so protective...it is hard to deal with problems that take time and concern for our precious little ones who depend totally on us. You are ever in our prayers....we have just returned from a month in Michigan...was great to see the family there.
Post a Comment