Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Silly in Seattle

Last weekend was Kathleen's (my lawl) bachelorette party in Seattle and her shower in Wenatchee the following day (ugh, definitely should've spaced these two farther apart, whoops)! It was a fun, yet stressful, drama-filled weekend to say the least. Ella had sooo much fun with her Grammy and Grandbob. It was so hard to leave. Everytime I come home to CA I feel more frustrated about the fact that we live so far away from my family, and I feel more resentful toward my husband :(. Which is totally not fair to him. I am struggling with finding a balance and learning to be content with the life I have. I know that I need to find fulfillment and contentment with God no matter where I am geographically. But I am beginning to feel like He is telling me something, that I need to figure something out because the current situation is not working. I do not want to raise my kids in the rat race of Southern California, and I want my mom and sister and her children to be a big part of my childrens' lives! Eventhough Kyle's family is close by, and Kyle is an amazing father, I still feel like I'm raising Ella by myself sometimes. I will post pictures of this past weekend as soon as my mom e-mails them to me!

2 comments:

Bre said...

Oh, my sweet friend,

I love you so much! I can totally sympathize with what you are feeling ... I know you know that. I wish I knew what it is that God has in store for you and your family. It would be so much easier if we knew, wouldn't it? But, I can honestly say, I think we'd miss something along the way if we did :-( For whatever reason, you are where you are, fighting the battles that you are for His glory ... tough as it is.

I will be praying that He sends relief your way soon. No more "rat race". I hope you will be able to spend the majority of your "child rearing" days close to your mom and your sister. I know how important that is.

In the meantime, though, continue to look for what it is that God might be teaching you or preparing you for. That's the only thing we can do in times like these, or we just go crazy.

I LOVE!

Donna said...

Dear Andie,
Its good to hear your honest hearts desires. I will be praying for a change in heart of Kyle if it is God's will that you move closer to your family. I know how important it is for us to "be of one mind" in these matters, at least its easier that way. The other way is what you are feeling now, frustration, because you are being submissive to your husband because you know its what you should do, but NOT what you feel like doing. I will also pray that God will give you the strength and the desire to be totally surrendered to His will. I love too.

Donna B.