Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Fall









Well hello!

Hope everyone is having a great fall. With the exception of lots of birthday parties, we have had a relatively uneventful fall! Which is good!

Noah is doing well. As I mentioned in the last post, we canceled surgery and felt good about it. God made it clear that it was not His timing for it. Over the last three months though I was starting to feel like his feeding progress had plateaued and Noah even had some bleeding and additional swelling in his already big cheek. I was starting to think maybe we need to talk to his surgeon again... which we still may do, but Noah had a GREAT OT (occupational therapy, aka feeding therapy) appt. yesterday with Keren at Children's. She was impressed and said that he's about at a 9-mo eating level (besides his thin liquids)!! Of course he had a great feeding with her, I told her they are not all that good... but since we've been home he's continued to have two exceptional meals!!! He even ate some deli meat this morning! So awesome!

We're going to wait and see how things go with his cheek before we reschedule surgery. I want to lean on the Lord completely and trust that he'll heal him. It's just so tough. I want to catch this thing before it gets bigger, to prevent even more LM growth. Lots of babies with his diagnosis will have no sign of swelling for years, then a new one can pop up somewhere else in the same area. This can happen even after surgery though. I just don't want any regrets, or to look back and tell God that I didn't trust Him. Noah's had two bad colds and no compromise to his breathing... plus we have seen almost 6 teeth pop through (FINALLY!) in the past few weeks. We also replaced his BARD g-tube with a Mic-key because the BARD was leaking so bad, and with Noah crawling all over the place it was just impossible to stay plugged in during his feeds that last 50 mins! We love the Mic-key, it's got a locking mechanism and has just worked out great.

Ella turned 3 and started preschool a few weeks ago! So crazy! She still flips out when we drop her off, but she loves it. Today she actually cried when I picked her up because she wanted to stay. She goes twice a week, tuesday and thursday mornings for 3 hours. It's been so good for her, and I love the time with Noah. It's so different when it's just he and I. Quiet, too!


Our biggest current prayer request is for Kyle's work situation. Medical bills, co-pays, and deductibles have gotten a little overwhelming these past couple months. Kyle is working his buns off to make ends meet, and our family is suffering because of the lack of time together. We're just praying for God to open a door so he doesn't have to work six days a week, or show us areas in our life that we can save some money and re-budget our funds. We're learning that our time together is so priceless, and our marriage suffers when we don't spend time together. What can I say? We're still sorta newlyweds, right? :)

2 comments:

Darth & Jenni Creek said...

Thanks for the update! Noah looks great. I must say you have adorable kids! I will be praying about finance stuff for you guys. God bless you and Happy Thanksgiving!
-Jenni

Anonymous said...

So great to hear Andie....still praying for you all, and good to know requests. Noah looks great!! Isn't it amazing! Know there are challenges tho., and will be praying especially about the finances, etc. Remember God is able!! We love you! Granny