Do I truly want to grow in Christ more than I want to have a comfortable life? Hebrews 5:8 says that Christ learned obedience from what he suffered. Is it more important to me to learn obedience through this suffering God has allowed our family to endure? If it could all go away tomorrow, would I miss this opportunity God has given me to grow? James says to count it all joy whenever we face various trials, knowing that the testing of our faith produces endurance. Do I really want the things that are eternal, or do I prefer the comforts of this world? Am I willing to depend on others? Am I content with sacrificing my independence? Philippians says that Jesus became obedient to the point of death. Do I share the same level of commitment?
-Suzanne Kearney, mom of Timothy, sweet little boy with a LM
Timothy's Journey
Wednesday, July 21, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
I wanted to stop by your blog and say hello:) My daughter Izabell is treated by Dr perkins as well(but not as often these days:). She has PHACE syndrome. We where at the covey run and are friends with Maddie's family. I love Dr Perkins and staff they are wonderful!
Post a Comment