Monday, March 2, 2009

The bottle!

I am ecstatic to report that last Thursday Noah had his first bottle!! He only did the 20 mL (the amount we were doing with the binky training)... but the next day I put 30 mL in his bottle thinking it would reduce the amount of air he took in, and he drank the WHOLE THING! Yesterday I did the same thing with 40... he didn't blink and drank the whole thing.

Here & there he'll only take 20 or 25, but it seems like it's when he's just not hungry (duh). I am so proud of him, I was in tears... we still have a ways to go (his total feed is 110 mL at this point), but I will take any miracle I can get!

This is totally an answer to prayer; it is so crazy that as God teaches me to give more of myself to Him and just trust Him more with all the little (be them unimportant or important) things in my life, how much freedom and peace I feel. My natural reaction in this stress is to worry and constantly think, "what can I do... what am I doing wrong...etc?"

But I'm reminded, "Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. "

3 comments:

friedrichfamily411 said...

YEAH Noah! God is so good. I am so happy for you; and you and the fam contiue to be in my daily prayers!!

Bre said...

This is great news!!! What an answer to prayer :-) I am so glad every update we get just keeps getting better and better ;-)

We are still praying ... all the time ... Love you all SO much!!!

Bre

Anonymous said...

Oh Andie.......just when I didn't check your blog for a few days.....you had such an exciting report!! I was getting ready to e-mail you to tell you I was still praying about his feeding...but decided to check the blog one more time first for news...I am so thrilled I just can't tell you!!! Praise God!!