I'm waiting for Noah to wake up so I don't have a ton of time but I just wanted to post current prayer requests that we have.
1. It looks like Noah's cyst has grown a bit in the last week. The cystic pocket that they drained on his left side hasn't filled up again, which is awesome, but the pockets on the other side seem more pronounced and lobular (sp?) than last week (when it just looked like an enormous double chin). As were the prayers during my entire pregnancy, please continue to pray for the growth to completely stop growing, and shrink up all together.
2. Hopefully this isn't too much TMI-- sorry if it is, but, oh well! Noah is slowly learning how to breastfeed. He's been getting a little bit of stryder (heavier, wheezy {is that a word?} breathing) when he tries breathing and swallowing at the same time. He's got a great suck and great technique according to the lactation and physical therapy people, but just still learning the coordination of it all. Pray that he's able to learn this as soon as possible; at this point this is the only big thing that is keeping us in the hospital (he is under phototherapy lights though; his bilirubin levels were borderline and since he's been pretty sleepy I just asked for them to put the lights on him. It's not like the levels are dangerous though).
3. He's definitely been favoring laying on his right side (the side with the lymphangioma), I think because he has more trouble breathing when he lays on the other side because of the pressure of the mass. It's hard because I want him to be comfortable, but I don't want him to only lay on that one side and then have his muscles tighten up over time on the other side, or even compromise the shape of his head because he's not spending equal amounts of time on all sides. Please pray that he is able to switch positions more often with less stress on his airway, which will hopefully prevent more potential long-term issues.
I'm a little sad today, but God continues to give me little rays of hope with the sadness. I've been able to chat a little with one of the other NICU moms, who has just been so sweet. She went to the store (I still can't drive until next week) for me and bought me some Dreft to wash Noah's clothes, along with a super-soft little blanket for him. She's been in the NICU with her sweet daughter Sophia for 6 weeks now, who was pre-mature and born without a right hand. Lord, I am so grateful for positive people like her, but also for the reminders that things could be much worse... we have been given such a gift, a MIRACLE, with this little man!
Monday, January 26, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



5 comments:
Andie,
That was such a sweet post! You brought on the tears again ... thanks alot ;-) You have SUCH a great attitude. I know that God is with you, helping you and giving you the strength that you need as you need it. Even though I know you must feel exhausted!
Please don't ever feel like you are giving "TMI" :-) I think I can speak for all of us who check in here when I say that we really want to know exactly how to pray!
I love you so much! I am praying, praying, praying! Know that!!! Don't be sad, or discouraged. I know that's easier said than done.
You are in all my thoughts and prayers ...
Bre
Andie, we will be praying for God to lift you up. Life is two steps forward and one step back....it seems in everything...we don't just stay level. And remember when you are weak and tired things are always harder. Don't whip yourself for your feelings, they are natural. Noah is going to be okay. You've been through an awful lot (even before his birth)that was very emotionally draining and things are bound to be harder for you to handle now just because of pure exhaustion...and that "letdown" after any big event. We love you! We are still praying for you both. We are thankful and praising God. We will pray for God's peace and some real rest at those times when you can grab a few winks. The care you are giving him now I'm sure is enough to exhaust a well person! And the emotional rollercoaster you have been on the past months has been so hard. We are supporting you with prayer. God is our help in time of trouble, and our strength in time of weakness. I love you. Granny
Andie-
Thank you so much for the update, and the prayer requests, it is nice to have specific things to pray for. Nursing Noah is NOT TMI, so please dont feel that way, nursing is so hard anyways, I am so greatful to be able to pray for you and Noah in every way possible. You are such a great mommy, and I pray God gives you strength and wisdom in all you are dealing with.
God Bless you and your family!
You're doing great Momma. I'm sorry you're feeling sad today. Remember sweetie, you just had a baby..your hormones are going blahlalala ;P And you're dealing with a whole lot more than just having a baby. Thank you so much for writing. Praying for you. Xoxo
I am so blessed by all of you!!!
Post a Comment