- I will be completely knocked out during the birth. They want Noah to be sleepy when they deliver him so that they can more easily insert the tube, but also so he isn't overly eager to inflate his lungs (which would ruin the EXIT procedure, because if that happens to early he will not be relying on the placenta for oxygen). They also think this will be less stressful for me, in the event that they were going to have to knock me out anyway. I'm nervous about this, but I trust the docs that this is the best for Noah. This will be hard for Kyle, as he will not be able to be in the room. Please pray for him during this time!
- UW is the only hospital in Washington state (and among only a few in the country) that are capable of performing the EXIT procedure. They only perform 2-3 a year. There was apparently hundreds of thousands of dollars of equipment shipped from Connecticut last week for the scheduled delivery today. Whoops! All in God's timing!
- Dr. Peterson informed us that on the e-mail she sent out informing all the docs of the delay of his birth that there were over 100 people on the e-mail list. Wow. Apparently Noah has celebrity status, all the docs and nurses continue to tell us that this is one of the most talked about births there.
In the meantime while we wait, I am taking advantage of the extra time to move in to our new house (we closed on the house and spent our first night here New Year's Eve), and most importantly, soak up this time with my sweet Ella. She has been such a trooper throughout all of this, and adjusted so nicely to her new house. She is (finally) wearing panties all day long and going potty in the toilet consistently (diaper at night)! And we finally kicked the dang dog out of our bed! Lots of exciting things going on at the Johnson house... lol!
My mom says this is more time for God to heal Noah. My instinct is to just pray pray pray as hard and as much as I can for the next couple weeks, and just drown myself in God's word... which isn't a bad thing, but one of my best friends Barb reminded me that sometimes God just wants us to shutup, and be still, and know that HE is GOD! He is still in control of this entire situation no matter what I do.
I am forever in debt to you all for your continued prayers over these next couple of weeks!
Resting in HIM!
Love, Andie
P.S. Pic of Kathleen and I (no makeup, gross) with her at 25 weeks and me at 36 weeks.



4 comments:
Andie,
Thank you for this post, for taking the time to put it up with all you've got on your plate. I know you must be exhausted!
I'm going to put a link to it on my blog ... I know a lot of people who are praying for you - from a small group at Emanuel Faith to my sweet Grandma.
I love you!
Bre
P.S. You and Kath both look completely adorable. How fun to have each other!!! :-)
Andie,
i was thinking of you today and this past week. I am sorry you were disappointed that he wasn't born today but it will be better for him with his lungs more mature.
I tried to get in touch with you, but I know that you are really busy. But if you have time sometime and you want to chat call me, I love Facil.
You are in our prayers, I hope everything goes well. You can check Ty out on our blog midgetfamily.blogspot.com
You and Kath look so cute prego! I didn't know she was expecting, that's exciting. Ella is the cutest thing I have ever seen, I think that she looks like you and your family!
Love ya
Ashlie
Great blog! Thanks so much for the update, so I know what to pray for specifically. Great picture of you, you look great. God is in control of you and your sweet baby boy. I cannot wait to see what HE has in store for your family.
Andie,
I am so sorry that you are having to wait (some more) for Noah's birth. Everything is in God's hands, He will let you know when Noah is ready. Stay strong and enjoy your time with Ella. :)
I went private with my blog so if you would like to read it, please send me an email at tracy.gonsalves@gmail.com
Post a Comment