Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Pictures and a few updates

I got to talk with Andie on the phone tonight and she sounds great. She is super sore and wouldn't laugh at any of my jokes because it hurt..lol. She said it's really hard being in separate hospitals, away from Noah, but she thinks her hospital is going to discharge her tomorrow or friday. Then, she plans on staying at children's hospital with Noah. Children's Hospital is so awesome and accomodating to parents. The rooms have pull out beds and you are able to live there until it's time to take your baby home. The only bummer is that your free hospital meals stop once you are discharged, so Andie will need meals delivered to her at children's. I'm working on that, but if any of you are in the area, please bring her some food. Mama needs to eat!
As for Noah; he is a champ. Andie went to visit him today and she got to hold him. Kyle and Andie met with Dr. Perkins (hope i spelled that right), who is an ear, nose and throat specialist. He said that Noah is perfect and so healthy. He has dealt with other babies who had similar conditions, and Noah is by far the best case he's seen. Noah will get an MRI tomorrow and possibly get his tube out on friday. They are 90% sure he'll be breathing just fine on his own. Andie has been pumping like crazy (sorry if that's TMI, Andie, but that was in my notes..lol) and she may get to nurse Noah on friday!!! I asked how well was he going to be able to nurse because of how they thought his tongue was involved, but Andie said that was all in the ultrasound, and his tongue seems to be fine. They asked about draining the cyst, but doctors think that draining would do more harm than good because it could cause more swelling. They are going to wait until Noah is about 3 or 4 months old to attempt a procedure where they put fluid into the cyst to make it decrease in size and ultimately shrivel up. Are you ready for the good news?? Andie said that, best case scenario, Noah might come home on Monday. Amazing!! But if not monday, then friday at the latest. That is, of course, assuming that he feeds well and progresses like they are expecting him. Kyle was headed over to stay with Noah tonight.



As for the pictures:

These are pictures that Andie's dad's wife, Tracy, sent me. They noticed today, that Noah has the same little folded ear that Ella has (or had, I'm not sure if she still does). So cute!!

Kyle and Andie's dad with Noah. Andie said they are so thankful that their beautiful son is so big and healthy. Noah is in the NICU with tiny 2lb babies, and he's so much bigger and stronger.

Papa and Noah. This picture is so sweet. Kyle is such a good daddy!

Thanks for keeping up the prayers. They still need them, but I'm sure Andie and Kyle would agree that PRAISE is due to our wonderful Savior.
Blessings,
Beckie

3 comments:

Michelle said...

praise the Lord! We are praying and rejoicing with you all. LOTS AND LOTS OF LOVE! Paul and Michelle

Anonymous said...

Yes, Praise the Lord! Noah looks so healthy. Precious pictures. Thank you Becky for being so faithful to post. We were anxious to hear. We are also rejoicing with you!

Bre said...

WooHoo!!! All of that is wonderful news ... I am so happy!!! And, Andie, I love that Noah and Ella share "Nemo ears" together :-) I think that's the best!!! Katie hasn't seen the pictures yet (she's visiting in California right now), but I know that she's going to love that, too!

Paul and I are BOTH so thankful for all of the little miracles God has worked out in all of this! He was just down here with me a minute ago, looking at the pictures, and smiling from ear to ear. Every time I say "baby Noah", Silas laughs and giggles for some reason. So, I've told him that's his new friend, and we giggle together ... it's really cute!

Well, we love you Andie, Kyle, Ella & baby Noah ... SOOOO much!!!

As for you, Beckie, thank you so much for all you have done. I know you are doing it out of your love for Andie and the Johnson's, but we all REALLY appreciate it! If there's anything I can do as far as meals (financial contribution, gift cards/certificates, etc.), please let me know. I would love to help out in any way that I can ... Kyle and Andie did that for us when I had Silas ;-)

Love you all!
Bre